From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...This is a slightly altered version of a cake that graced Midwestern farm tables for years. It is super easy to make and it's simply delicious - the kind of delicious that makes my socks going up and down. This butter-rich cake is wonderfully moist and has a gorgeous velvet crumb that almost melts on the tongue. It is also eminently portable and all of this makes it a perfect candidate for a barbecue or picnic. If you are still looking for a slightly different holiday dessert, I hope you'll keep this in mind. I know you'll enjoy it. Here is how this simple cake is made.
Blueberry and Cream Cheese Pound Cake ...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite courtesy of Farm Journal
8 ounces cream cheese
1-1/2 cups butter
3 cups granulated sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1 cup frozen blueberries
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
2) Cream together cream cheese, butter and sugar.
3) Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
4) Add flour, one-cup at a time, beating well after each cup.
5) Add vanilla and lemon extracts; beat well.
6) Fold in blueberries.
7) Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, and then reduce temperature to 325 degrees F and bake for another 55 minutes. Test the cake, and bake a little longer if needed. Remove cake from oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and continue cooling on wire rack until cake is at room temperature. Yield: 1 Bundt cake.
One Year Ago Today: Two Years Ago Today:Cornmeal and Cheese Drop Biscuits Grilled Corn Salad
Three Years Ago Today: Four Years Ago Today:London Broil with Ravigote Sauce Watermelon Cucumber and Tomato Salad