Sunday, April 6, 2014

White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Cookies


From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...This simple cookie is always well received, and if you are a fan of white chocolate, I suspect it will become a favorite of yours. I dropped off a batch of these for a bake sale today and they were gone before they made it to the table. I must add that I'm not baking this week and my contribution had been frozen several weeks ago in anticipation of the fundraiser. The cookies keep wonderfully well and only I knew they had come from the freezer. These cookies are easy to make and the macadamia nuts add wonderful texture to what would otherwise be a pillow soft cookie. The recipe I'm sharing with you comes from Taste of Home magazine, and while I'm presenting it to you in unaltered form, I must admit that when I bake these cookies for my family, I also add a teaspoon of lime zest to the mix. With or without the lime zest, I think you'll find this cookie to be a winner. Here is how they are made.



White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Cookies...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite inspired by Taste of Home magazine

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
1 cup white baking chips

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in nuts and baking chips.
3) Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans for 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.

Follow Me on Pinterest                    

                                                    Older Posts


                 One Year Ago Today:                                                       Two Years Ago Today:
         Sugar Crusted Blueberry Muffins                                         Scallop Saute with Miso Sauce


                 Three Years Ago Today:                                                 Four Years Ago Today: 
        Portuguese White Cornmeal Bread                                                Chocolate Flans


3 comments :

Ginny Hartzler said...

Phil would love these! White chocolate and macadamia are both his favorites.

Beverly said...

These sound delicious, Mary. And, I love the idea of the lime zest.

I will be pinning this to make with my grandson.

David said...

Mary... Beautiful cookies with great ingredients... My wife would devour these cookies in one sitting! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Printfriendly