Monday, May 3, 2010

You Know You Are Loved When....





...history repeats itself. Last century, a darling 4 year old sat on a bench with her grandmother who was an accomplished pianist. She listened politely for a while and then told her grandmother she thought she should take lessons from her mother who could teach her to play the piano with just one hand. Fast forward with me to a dinner table in this century. The little one who sat on the piano bench with her grandmother now has two sons and sits at the head of the table. For whatever reason the dying of gray hair was being discussed. The older of the two boys was of the opinion that there was nothing wrong with gray hair. His argument, "Oma has gray hair." His younger brother went a step further. "Oma's not gray, she's silver." Both boys will be fondly remembered and rewarded in the will! I'm convinced that blarney is a genetic gift. Isn't life grand?

20 comments :

Rue said...

I love the things children say - especially when it's a compliment!

Jeannie said...

Yes, a child's compliment is the best one can get. That is why I prefer to ask my sons whenever I needed an opinion on say, a new recipe:D

Allie and Pattie said...

You started my day with a smile! Love it!
xoxo Pattie

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

aww... as a mom-mom, this warmed my heart!

Sweet Southern Prep said...

So so sweet! Loved this story, silver and all. :)

sweetlife said...

kids are clever, aren't they

sweetlife

Susan C said...

Love this!

oneordinaryday said...

So sweet!

Karen said...

How sweet. Can't beat a grandparent - grandchild relationship :)

SallyBR said...

I am stealing that line!

From now on, I am SILVER! ;-)

Very adorable....

Pondside said...

That was adorable!

Janice said...

Oh yes, they know how to work you!!!

Hee hee hee!

Carla and Michael said...

What an adorable post. Are the signs yours? I love them.

Kim said...

Children are so precious!

Joe Ambrosino said...

LOL! Love the signs!

Claudia said...

This is the sweetness in life. Now... I'm going to make a sign.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Carla and Michael, the signs are not mine. I saw them in a garden center last weekend and took pictures of them at that time. I really love them. Mary

My Little Space said...

Yes, definitley it is! Then, you've to check this block 'My Little Sprouts'! I think you'll be smiling all the way.
Blessings, Kristy

KathyB. said...

I love this post! One of my granddaughters recently told me ( after she whispered a question to her Mom asking if she could tell me this)"I think Grandmas should be chubby". Bless her, now I will have to get to cooking and baking all my favorite foods so I can fulfill her ideal of a Grandma!Plump with gray hair, I CAN do this~with delight.

Rambling Tart said...

Aww, I love it. :-) Silver is GORGEOUS! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Printfriendly