Sunday, February 26, 2012

White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake





From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...The combination of tangy cream cheese and raspberries is enough to make the angels sing. Add white chocolate to the mix and watch the gods descend Mt. Olympus to search for that mortal ambrosia called cheesecake. To understand my exuberance you have to taste the cake. I know, I know. You are absolutely right. It is ridiculously expensive and time consuming to make. While I can argue its merits, I can't deny it's a near perfect example of wretched excess. That being said, I still hope you will try this when you have some time. Plan to make this a full 24 hours before you plan to serve it. This is a very creamy cake and it is difficult to cut if not properly chilled. The cake can be frozen weeks ahead of time but the glaze should be applied just before serving. I cut the cake in these picture while it was frozen to assure neat slices. Forgive my cheat. Here's the recipe for one of the best cheesecakes I've ever tasted. I know you'll enjoy it.

White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite inspired by The Baking Pan

Ingredients:
Vanilla Cookie Crust:
1 cup vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
1/2 cup toasted almonds, finely chopped
4 tablespoons melted butter, divided use
White Chocolate Raspberry Filling:
12 ounces (about 2 cups) white chocolate chips
4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup sour cream, room temperature
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2-1/2 cups (about 12 ounces) fresh raspberries
Sour Cream Topping:
1-1/2 cups sour cream, room temperature
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Raspberry Sauce:
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur or cranberry or orange juice
Garnish:
About 1/2 cup fresh raspberries

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush bottom and sides of a 9 x 3-inch round springform pan with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
2) To make vanilla cookie crust: Combine vanilla cookie crumbs, toasted almonds and remaining 3 tablespoons melted butter in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir until thoroughly mixed and mixture is crumbly. Pour crumb mixture into prepared springform pan. Press crumb mixture firmly into bottom of pan. Place pan on a cookie sheet and transfer to oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove pan and cool on a wire rack. When pan is cool to touch, wrap bottom and sides of pan with a double layer of heavy-duty cooking foil. Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees F.
3) To make white chocolate and raspberry filling: Melt white chocolate in a double boiler set over hot water. Set aside to cool slightly. Place cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Mix at medium-slow temperature, scraping sides of bowl as necessary, until mixture is smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add sour cream, vanilla and salt and beat until mixed. Add melted chocolate and beat until thoroughly combined, about 1 minute. Add the eggs 2 at a time, beating until thoroughly combined, about 1 minute, scraping sides of bowl bowl between additions. Do not over beat. Combine raspberries and flour in a separate bowl and toss gently. Fold into batter with a light hand. Let rest for 5 minutes. Bring a kettle of water to a boil. Meanwhile, pour filling into springform pan and set it in a large roasting pan. Transfer roasting pan to an oven rack. Carefully pour boiling water halfway up sides of springform pan. Bake for 70 to 80 minutes, or until edges are set but center of cake is still jiggly. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Immediately run a thin knife around edge of pan, being careful not to gouge sides of cake. This helps prevent cracking. Let sit for one hour.
4) To make sour cream topping: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl. Mix well. Spread it over surface of cheesecake. Return cake to oven and bake for about 5 minutes to set topping. Remove cake and cool completely on a wire rack. When completely cool, cover with plastic and refrigerate for 24 hours.
5) To make raspberry sauce: Combine cornstarch and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Add raspberry jam and stir until combined. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute longer. Remove from heat. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
6) To serve: Spoon raspberry sauce over center of cheesecake, then spread almost to edges of cake. Garnish with fresh raspberries if desired. Yield: 12 to 16 servings.







One Year Ago Today: Lemon Chicken with Capers or Olives and Penne













Two Years Ago Today: French Breakfast Puffs

43 comments :

MissB said...

Nham nham... I love deserts with white chocolat, so tasty!

Kisses :*

Lenia said...

So beautiful and I bet so tasty!Have a lovely day,dear Mary!

Yan said...

This is really a perfect bite !

Lynn said...

That looks amazing:@)

Unknown said...

Yum! My favorite flavor combination, white chocolate and raspberries, I think they were made to go together! This cheesecake is gorgeous, so tall and delicious looking!

Katarina said...

What a beautiful cheesecake!

raquel@eRecipe.com said...

I like the great color. Telling me it is delicious and yummy =)

Diane said...

Oh WOW, mouth watering. Thanks for this one Diane

Alicia Foodycat said...

For me that is the absolutely perfect cheesecake! It looks wonderful!

James B said...

I love a good cheescake - this one looks fantastic. Also, white chocolate is always a winner!

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

Stunningly beautiful! I don't know whether to whether to worship the picture or die of dessert lust!

Sue/the view from great island said...

This is a piece de resistance! As I scrolled down the (long) ingredient list I was oohing and aahing the whole way. From that vanilla crust all the way to the raspberry glaze...this has to go on the cover of your first cookbook!

Bam's Kitchen said...

Hello Mary, This cheesecake is so decadent. One moment on the lips forever on the hips but worth every bite. Congratulations, did you know your on page one of the best cooking blogs, #21 on the list!!!! By Next year you will be in the top 5! Take Care, BAM

Martha said...

Gorgeous cake, Mary! I too love this combination and yours looks wonderful!

From the Kitchen said...

I'm no angel but I certainly feel like singing just viewing this cake!! I can imagine the combination of texture and flavor on the tongue and the ohs and ahs of dinner guests. I'm off to plan a party!!

Best,
Bonnie

Unknown said...

Um, YES PLEASE. Cheesecake is my weakness especially since I really don't like any other kinds of cake. This one looks amazing and so rich. Fabulous!

Tanna said...

Your unabashed endorsement of this one puts it firmly in my queue for a special meal, Mary! Sounds absolutely heavenly. And, I do love the make ahead part for special meals. ;) blessings ~ tanna

Jeannie said...

Oh I am salivating here...how nice if I could have a piece of that!

Valerie Gamine said...

A cheesecake this gorgeous is worth all the time and effort! Wow. :D

Claudia said...

That is indeed a stunner (cheat and all). I shall save this when I go into my "must make something sumptuous mode."

Judy@SavoringToday said...

Mary, that is stunning! It looks so creamy and red is such a perfect contrast.

Dining Alone said...

That looks perfect and amazing!!

Kavi said...

Stunning cheesecake! :)

Angie's Recipes said...

A stunning cheesecake! White and red..simply beautiful.

Chelsea said...

I LOVE raspberry cheesecake! This sounds absolutely amazing and looks beautiful.

Norma Chang said...

Perfect cheesecake, what a beautiful presentation.

Lizaboo said...

That looks beautiful. I did my first attempt at cheesecake today, it was and long and tiring process but so worth it. Will definately attempt this one next xx :o)

allthingsrobbin said...

This looks wonderful! This will be on the menu for our next special occasion! Thanks for checking out my blog and for the kind comment! I am your newest follower and really enjoy your blog.

tinyskillet said...

This looks like a perfect dessert to me. I can just imagine how good it is...raspberries and then white chocolate to boot! YUMMY!

Unknown said...

White chocolate and raspberry were made for each other. Add it in a cheesecake and it's pure heaven!

tender b. said...

I love white chocolate.

Joanne said...

I made something similar to this for one of my friend's birthdays a few years ago and it was a HUGE hit! Such a great cheesecake.

Gloria said...

Mary, what can I say... EVERYTHING you make looks heavenly! :)
Best,
Gloria

Alicia said...

I've saving this recipe to make for my daughter's birthday in April. So delicious!

Kim said...

Wow! and wow! your cheesecake looks perfect, Mary! I would do anything to taste it!

grubarazzi said...

I wouldn't share even a nibble of this. I'm serious! :)

Mr. Bill said...

What a beautiful Cheesecake...Thanks!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Each layer of this cheesecake sounds wonderful...from the cookie crust to the raspberry topping. Thanks for sharing this delightful recipe~

The Harried Cook said...

That is such a gorgeous cheesecake! Love that brilliant red color... and it looks and sounds like it would taste fantastic too! Great post, Mary! Thanks for sharing :)

Andi said...

angel I am not, but singing yes! this is beautiful Mary what a beautiful job. I love the look sure it is very rich Very nice andi

My Little Space said...

I am sold!!! I'll do anything for this cake, Mary. hahaha..... This looks truly mouthwatering.
Kristy

Javelin Warrior said...

I just want to grab a fork and dig in! Love the contrast between the raspberry top and the white chocolate base - amazing...

I am featuring this post in today's Friday Food Fetish roundup (with a link-back and attribution), so please let me know if you have any objections. It's always a pleasure following your food…

Marigold Houseware Boutique said...

Wow... YUM YUM YUM!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Printfriendly