Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pork Parmesan with Spaghetti




From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...This is a simple dish that is perfect for a weekday meal. While it can be made with turkey or chicken cutlets, I've used pork because the recipe offers yet another way to use a portion the large loins I buy at our local warehouse store. This recipe is quick and easy to make, although it is a bit messy to assemble. I've simplified preparation of the dish by using a commercially prepared tomato sauce. I've used Rao's sauces for quite a while now. They were recommended to me by my youngest daughter, a gorgeous and accomplished young woman who good-naturedly puts up with the rest of us calling her Baby Girl. At any rate, Baby Girl has excellent, if expensive, tastes and I was hooked the first time I tried her sauce. It is pricey, but I've learned to ease the pain by not looking at the register when I go through the grocer's check-out line. The pork can be served with pasta or crusty rolls and it really makes a nice family meal. I hope you'll give it a try. Here's the recipe.

Pork Parmesan with Spaghetti...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite

Ingredients:

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs
1-1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided use
3 tablespoons olive oil + oil for drizzling
6 boneless thin-cut (1/2-inch thick) pork chops
2 to 3-1/2 cups Italian-style tomato sauce, divided use
1-1/2 cups (6-oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
8-oz. spaghetti or linguine

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Bring 4 quarts salted water to a boil.
2) Whisk flour, salt and pepper together in a shallow dish. Crack eggs into another shallow dish and beat until combined. Combine breadcrumbs and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese in a third shallow bowl. Pound pork chops to 1/4-inch thickness. Season chops with salt and pepper. Dip cutlets, one at a time first in flour, then eggs, then bread crumbs. Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When oil shimmers, place breaded chops in pan and cook until golden and cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking dish large enough to hold cutlets in a single layer. Top each cutlet with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup tomato sauce and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Lightly drizzle cutlets with olive oil. Bake until cheese melts and cutlets are warmed through.
3) Cook spaghetti per package instructions. Drain and toss with reserved tomato sauce. Serve with pork cutlets Yield:4 servings.










One Year Ago Today: Strawberry Sorbet



















Two Years Ago Today: Fusilli with Walnut and Garlic Sauce















Three Years Ago Today: Eggs Florentine


27 comments :

My Unfinished Life said...

nice....but can it be done without the pork....we dont eat pork at our house!!!

http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

KathyB. said...

I am so going to make this! Thank-you again. Every recipe of yours I have made has been a pleaser, this looks to be the same.

Lenia said...

I bet this is a tasteful dish!Blessings,dear!

Andrea V. said...

oooh this looks amazing!

Veronica Miller said...

Not being much of a pork eater, the recipes title didn't appeal to me until I saw the photo then WHAM! I wanted it. 2AM and I just had dinner (I get off after midnight) and am stuffed, but I want that BAD! It looks incredible!

Anonymous said...

One bite of this really would be perfect - it looks soft, saucy and cheesy - what could be better :D

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

Pork Parm wow what a fantastic Bolognese sauce! Love it!

Epicurea said...

this looks so homy and comforting, the italian-american version of schnitzel :-)!

Rambling Tart said...

I love that you call your daughter Baby Girl. :-) My brothers call me Girl and from them it is the highest compliment and term of affection. :-)

Rita said...

This just came at the right time;I will make this on the weekend, but with chicken cutlets. Looks fantastic.I have 2 jars of homemade tomato sauce in the freezer. Thank you Mary.
Rita

Ana Regalado said...

Delicious ! I would like a plateful of that , please ?! :D

Kim said...

This is a great idea to prepare this recipe with pork!

Becki's Whole Life said...

We used to buy the pork loins at Sam's and it was nic because you can cut the chops as thick or thin as you would like. I actually think we did pork parm with it a few times. I'm so glad you posted this because now I am remember some things we did with them! I will have to try Rao's sauce - maybe for a special occasion, but it is nice to have some good quality jarred sauce on hand!

Ola said...

nice, quick and easy to prepere - good recipe!


Blog about life and travelling
Blog about cooking

Erica said...

I love pork! This sounds and looks absolutely amazing! Wonderful dinner idea,Mary!

Tanna said...

Love the idea of pork parmesan!! Your love and pride of Baby Girl shines through... makes me smile. blessings ~ Tanna

David said...

Mary, Pork Parmesan! What a great idea and a nice change from chicken or veal. Love pork! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

From the Kitchen said...

This looks delicious! I've used Rao's since discovering it at their restaurant during a visit to NY years ago. It took awhile for it to appear on the shelf of our local supermarkets but it finally did.

Wishing you a happy mother's day.

Best,
Bonnie

Jen @ The Scrumptious Pumpkin said...

This kind of quick and simple comfort food is my favorite. I like the idea of using pork in this dish - unique and delicious-sounding!

Big Dude said...

I love dishes like this. I'd weigh 500 lbs if married to you.

Suzie said...

I love that you think outside of the box and create different combinations that some of us wouldn't think of. I love the idea of pork in this dish and it looks amazing! :)

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

This is so up my alley. Love the cheese over the top and changing things up with pork.

Shawn @ I Wash...You Dry said...

Parm and I go waaaay back! I LOVE this! I am going to put this on my menu!! Thanks! ;)

Dining Alone said...

I never would have thought to use pork like this, and I always have that cut of meat in my freezer.

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

Ahhh...this looks delicious...
Tasty Appetite

Catherine said...

Dear Mary, Looks wonderful and welcoming.
I call my daughter baby girl too! She will always be my baby girl.
Blessings for a beautiful weekend and Happy Mother's day dear friend. Catherine xo

Life's a shoe said...

yummy yummy...what exactly is in italian tomato sauce? does it just have italian herbs in it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Printfriendly