Sunday, July 14, 2013

Gone Fishin' Series - Oven Roasted Cauliflower



It's family time again and I'll be with my gang on Cape Cod for a while. I thought this would be a good time to reprise some of the recipes you've indicated to be your favorites. Oven Roasted Cauliflower is one of the most popular posts on my blog. More than 500,000 of you have seen and read it. Let's hope this brings another 500,000 to the campfire. Here's the recipe for this runaway hit. Who knew cauliflower could be this popular?




From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...I've been testing some new vegetable recipes for the Thanksgiving holiday. Most of them involve roasting vegetables that are topped with a separately prepared sauce just prior to serving. While they have all been delicious, I think they add an unnecessary layer of complication to an already busy meal. So, I kept refining my search and found a recipe for roasted cauliflower that had been developed by Emeril LaGasse. After an initial testing, I made a few modifications to his recipe and came up with the one I'm sharing with you today. Cauliflower prepared in this fashion is really delicious. I do, however, think the flavors are too strong to serve with turkey and the other elements of a traditional Thanksgiving meal. Having said that, I have no hesitation about serving it with pork, beef or lamb. I love the simplicity of this dish and the ease with which it can prepared. I will make it often. I hope you, too, will give it a try. Here's the recipe.

Oven Roasted Cauliflower...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite inspired by Emeril LaGasse

Ingredients:
1 medium head cauliflower (about 2-1/4 pounds), trimmed and cut into florets
3 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Combine cauliflower and garlic in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Transfer, in a single layer, to a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast at 450 degrees F for about 25 minutes, stirring once. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately Yield: 6 servings.

9 comments :

mia xara said...

Hi Mary,very easy, yet so tasty this cauliflower recipe!!Hope you're enjoying your Cape Cod vacation,we'll be going there fishing late August..XO

Zimbabwe said...

This is a recipe I have never tried but I have read on your blog. I have a large cauli in the fridge, this time I will try it. Thanks. Have a wonderful day. Diane

Kim said...

Roasted cauliflower is sooooo good. In fact, it's the perfect base for a soup too! Love this!

Tanna said...

While I love any vegetable that I've roasted (and that's most that enter our home), cauliflower is my all time favorite. Look forward to trying the parmesan! Thank you, Mary. blessings ~ tanna

David said...

Mary, I love cauliflower and with this recipe, my wife might love it too! Another addition to the recipe files... Thanks and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Angie's Recipes said...

Love roasted cauliflowers! Actually I love cauliflowers cooked at any method!
Enjoy your family time, Mary!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I like the addition of the Parmesan cheese Mary:D

decocinasytacones said...

ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAYS!!!....
I´m also half half.....
See you soon.
Love
Marialuisa

Ellen Whyte said...

it looks delicious. Have a wonderful holiday, Mary!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Printfriendly