Sweet and Savory Cornmeal Cookies...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite inspired by America's Test Kitchen
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon finely minced fresh rosemary
1 cup confectioners' sugar + more as needed
1) Adjust 2 oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2) Place flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
3) Place granulated sugar and oil in another bowl and whisk to combine. Add eggs and rosemary and whisk until smooth. Gently stir in flour mixture with a rubber spatula until a soft dough forms.
4) Working with 1 tablespoon of dough at a time, drop cookies 2-inches apart on lined baking pans.
5) Bake cookies until edges are a light golden brown and centers puff and split open, about 13 minutes, switching and rotating pans halfway through baking. Let cookies cool slightly on baking sheets. Place 1 cup confectioners' sugar in a bowl and roll warm cookies in sugar to coat. Dust with extra confectioners' sugar just before serving. Yield: 24 cookies.
If you have enjoyed your visit here, I hope you'll take a minute to...
One Year Ago Today: Cauliflower Gratin
Two Years Ago Today: Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake
Three Years Ago Today: Refrigerator Dill Pickles
Four Years Ago Today: Rhubarb and Red Berry Pie