Sunday, May 26, 2013

Reese's-Like Peanut Butter Bars - A No-Bake Treat


My Thought for the Day can be found, here. If you like it, give us a thumbs up and share it with your friends.

From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...I hope at least a few of you share my enjoyment of chocolate and peanut butter desserts. The pairing in this candy-like confection makes me positively giddy and whenever these bars are around my resolve, which can be impressive, simply crumbles. I suspect you already have this recipe in your files, but I stumbled on it only a year ago and it has become my favorite go-to treat whenever I have the urge for something ridiculously sweet and truly terrible for me. I am in transit today and have some ridiculous layovers, so, my urges will definitely be met. Carrot sticks will simply not do it for me. The version I'm sharing today is all over the blogosphere, so, I had a really hard time determining whom to credit for the original creation of the bars. I ended up using date of entry as my guide and am, therefore,  crediting them to Food.com because they published the earliest version I was able to find. Truth be told, I have no idea who first developed the recipe, but God should have a special spot in heaven for them, whoever they may be. Without further ado, here is the recipe for the world's finest no-bake peanut butter treat. Enjoy!

Reese's-Like Peanut Butter Bars...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite courtesy of Food.com

Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 pound confectioners' sugar (3 to 3 1/2 cups)
1-1/2 cups + 2 teaspoons peanut butter, divided use
1 cup butter, melted
1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips (milk chocolate, semi-sweet,bittersweet or combination)

Directions:
1) Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with foil, leaving enough to hang over sides for lifting. Mist foil with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2) Combine graham crumbs, sugar and 1-1/2 cups peanut butter in a large bowl and mix well. Blend in melted butter until well combined. Press mixture evenly into prepared pan.
3) Combine 2 teaspoons peanut butter and chocolate chips in top of a double boiler or in a microwave bowl. Melt and stir together. Spread over peanut butter mixture.
4) Chill until just set. Use foil handles to lift from pan. Cut into bars (these are very hard to cut if the chocolate gets "rock hard". Yield: 36 bars

Follow Me on Pinterest







One Year Ago Today: Not Your Mama's Macaroni Salad
















Two Years Ago Today: Linguine with Snow Peas, Cucumbers and Peanuts
















Three Years Ago Today: The Last Best Egg Cream in New Jersey

















Four Years Ago Today: Very Berry Lemon and Blueberry Sweet Bread

10 comments :

Pondside said...

I must be the last person on the continent to get this recipe - I've never seen nor have I tried it....ut I have a terrible weakness for chocolate and peanut butter. This treat will be ONLY for pot lucks at the office where I'll be certain not to have left overs (because we know where those will go!)

Ginny Hartzler said...

The girls would go CRAZY over this!

Unknown said...

I, too have never heard of this recipe. Sounds wonderful! I have a growing teenage boy who would love these! Thanks for sharing, Mary!

Joanne said...

Anything even remotely like Reese's sounds good to me!

David said...

Mary, These Peanut Butter Bars look great! Sadly, one of our grandson's is very allergic to any kind of nuts... Maybe we can sneak these into our diet when he isn't around for a few days. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

decocinasytacones said...

Oh I´m going to make these. I´ve already bought the ingredients. I saw the recipe the other day in a Lorraine Pascale´s tv programme.
Love and have a great week.
Marialuisa

A Sunflower Life said...

Oh...my...goodness! Those look wonderful! I'm getting out the ingredients asap!

Merisi said...

Good thing I am more than a six hours drive from home, otherwise I'd head to the kitchen right now! :-)
This is the first I hear of this recipe, and I thank you for introducing it to me.

Unknown said...

No bake? How cool is that? These sound wonderful!!

Tanna said...

Oh, such a perfect pairing... {sigh}... a dangerous pair. LOL! Thank you, Mary. blessings ~ tanna

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Printfriendly