Monday, February 3, 2014

Meatless Monday Favorites

Graphic courtesy of www.meatlessmonday.com

As you can see, I'm following my plan to share old and new recipes with you until my vision has improved and I'm again functioning at pre-surgery levels. The good news is I am out of bed and able to move about, but the eye is going to take some time to heal. I currently "see through a glass darkly" and while I can make out shapes and colors, I am not yet able to read or focus for any length of time. The situation is temporary, and I hope that in the not too distant future I'll be able to tell you that I am as fine and fiesty as ever. Thank you for all your healing thoughts and prayers. They helped tremendously. Without further ado, here are some of my favorite Meatless Monday meals. 



                                 My Meatless Monday Favorites


      Pasta with Zucchini Parmesan and Garlic                                 Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce



         Creamy Onion and Blue Cheese Soup                                         Black Bean Burritos



                 Vegetarian Egg Foo Yong                                           Crustless Cheese and Broccoli Tart


                   Tuna Noodle Casserole                                               Sweet and Sour Shrimp Cakes


                   Mushroom Stroganoff                                         Baked Shells with Cauliflower and Cheese


                   Bean Burgers                                                                         Vegetable Strata


                   Yangzhou Fried Rice                                                  Whole Wheat Penne Pasta with Kale

Follow Me on Pinterest                    



7 comments :

Unknown said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Mary!!! xo

From the Kitchen said...

Mary: So glad to hear that you are up, about and on the road to seeing clearly. I think I'm going to check out your shrimp cake recipe. The vegetable strata too.

Best,
Bonnie

Beverly said...

We are having a Meatless Monday dinner, too. Your selections look delicious.

Glad to heal you are on the road to recovery. I am still praying.♥

Alicia said...

Hoping you will be back to normal real soon! It has to be so frustrating!

Thank you for sharing these recipes. I love the look of the Crustless Broccoli and Cheese Quiche...yum!

Bette said...

Hi Mary:
My first time writing. I have been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and am trying to change the way I eat. I especially am fond of pasta, but can't have tomatoes, your recipe for pasta with zucchini sounds great. Will let you know how I like it.
Glad your surgery went well, I've had my eyes done and am very happy with the result.

Cheers, Bette

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

It must feel good to be out of bed. It will be so amazing when you fully
recover.

Fondly,
Glenda

David said...

Mary, Meatless isn't really a word in my vocabulary...but I would chose the pasta with Zucchini, Parmesan and Garlic Oil and the baked shells as my favorites! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Printfriendly