Monday, March 10, 2014

Moist and Fudgy Brownie Drops


From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...This cookie is one of my diet secrets. When I have a craving for chocolate, just one of these rich and fudgy gems satisfies my appetite and helps keep me on the straight and narrow. The cookies, which I think were developed in the Hershey Kitchens, are very easy to make and, more importantly, they freeze well. That means temptation can't lure me into the pantry where access to the cookies would be all too easy and my famous resolve would fade away. The cookies, which are almost a confection, are delicious and intensely chocolate. If you love all things chocolate, I urge you to try them, but be careful not to overbake the cookies. They can quickly go from moist and fudgy to crisp, and while the crisp cookies are tasty, they just aren't the same as the chewier version. I do hope you you'll give this recipe a try. Here is how the cookies are made.




Moist and Fudgy Brownie Drops...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite courtesy of Hershey Kitchens
Ingredients:
2/3 cup shortening
1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon water
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Cream shortening and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, water and vanilla.
3) Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda in a separate bowl. Gradually add to creamed mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts if desired.
3) Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 7-9 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool on pans for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.



Follow Me on Pinterest                    

                                                    Older Posts


                 One Year Ago Today:                                                     Two Years Ago Today:
                    Irish Apple Cake                                                               Green Apple Martini


               Three Years Ago Today:                                                  Four Years Ago Today: 
                 Chicken Fried Steak                                                       (Almost) Irish Soda Bread

8 comments :

Chelsea said...

I have been craving brownies lately, but these look way better! And I love that they freeze well!

Vicki Bensinger said...

I'm a chocoholic and agree the fudgier the better. These sound delightful even though I'm not a huge fan of shortening but will gladly give these a try.

Unknown said...

You must have a way stronger will power than I do.. as I don't think I could stop with just one of these delicious little cookies!! :)

Big Dude said...

I could eat a plateful of these

Cheri Savory Spoon said...

I know I could not just eat one cookie at a time, I applaud you! But maybe if they were frozen? These looks so good.

David said...

Mary, My wife would devour this plateful of Brownie Drop in about 2 minutes! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Nammi said...

yumm, this is sure to be a crowd pleaser especially with kids

Melinda said...

These would never last in our house.

M : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Printfriendly