From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...Look Dick. See
Kinda Like Outback Steakhouse Sweet Molasses Brown Bread...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite courtesy of It's Always Autumn
4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
1 to 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
2 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons warmed molasses
1/4 cup warmed honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1-3/4 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
1-3/4 to 2 cups whole wheat flour
1) Combine water and yeast in large mixing bowl of stand mixer and let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes. minutes
2) Add egg, baking cocoa, butter, molasses, brown sugar, honey, salt and all-purpose flour to mixing bowl and mix with paddle attachment for about 1 minute, or until combined.
3) Add whole wheat flour, one cup at a time, kneading well with bread hook on low until dough begins to pull away from sides of mixer. Continue kneading for 7 to 10 minutes.
4) Dump dough onto floured surface and knead a few times by hand and form into a ball before placing it in a bowl to rise in a warm place. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 60-90 minutes.
5) Punch dough down and shape into 16 rolls. Place in greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish, cover, and let rise for about 60 minutes.
6) Bake at 350 degrees F for 22 minutes, or until baked through. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks to cool. These rolls are lovely when served warm. Yield: 16 rolls.
One Year Ago Today: Two Years Ago Today:Carrot Timbales Spinach with Scrambled Eggs and Cheese
Three Years Ago Today: Four Years Ago Today:Everyday Cinnamon Coffee Cake Pink Grapefruit Smoothie