From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...All you need to make these moist and crunchy gems are a couple of bowls and a wooden spoon. I'm on a banana kick this week and this is the first recipe I want to share with you. Actually, I have to share it with you. The bananas sitting on top of my refrigerator are ripe and perfuming the house with their unique odor. We have reached that unmistakable "use it or lose it" kitchen moment that cooks have come to know too well. The recipe is a slight riff of one that appears on Allrecipes. The next time I make these muffins, and there will be a next time, I'll cut back on the amount of ingredients used to make the streusel. I think the current quantities produce to much of a good thing, but if you like your treats super sweet, you might want to stick to the original proportions. While these disappeared quickly from my table, the bananas keep these muffins moist and edible for several days when they are stored in airtight containers. There is nothing here not to like, so give the recipe a try. Here is how these easy muffins are made.
Banana Streusel Muffins...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite inspired by Allrecipes
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup canola oil
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoon butter
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a muffin pan with baking spray or line with 12 cupcake liners.
2) Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together in a large bowl.
3) In another bowl, mix together bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla and canola oil.
4) Add wet ingredients to dry until just combined. Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop batter into muffin cups.
5) To make the topping: Combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles a pea sized mixture. Crumble over muffins. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until the cake springs back with lightly touched. Yield: 12 muffins.
One Year Ago Today: Two Years Ago Today:Lamb for Easter Sunday Vegetable Lo Mein
Three Years Ago Today: Four Years Ago Today:Thai-Style Shrimp and Pineapple Fried Rice Crustless Cheese and Broccoli Tart