From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...This is one of those wonderfully simple recipes that produce great results. It comes from Becky Broberg and it is for one of the sweet breads she serves with breakfast at The Blue Goose Inn. There are no tricks to its assembly and the combination of chocolate and bananas is one that is liked by almost everyone. Like all banana breads, this one is a great keeper, and if it is well-wrapped it can be stored for up to 5 days. I like to make small loaf version of quick breads for bake sales and this is the next one I'll be sending off. I know you will like this loaf. Here is how it's made.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite courtesy of Becky Broberg and the Blue Goose Inn Bed and Breakfast
2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup very ripe bananas, mashed (about 2 large)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter and flour 4 mini loaf pans, or one 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
2) Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
3) In bowl of a stand mixer or a medium bowl, mix butter on low speed until smooth. Add sugar gradually and continue mixing on low speed until slightly fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until smooth between each addition. Add bananas, scrape down the sides of bowl, and mix until blended.
4) Add half of flour mixture and mix on low speed until almost mixed. Add half of buttermilk and mix until blended. Repeat with remaining flour and buttermilk. Continue mixing until smooth, scraping bowl as needed. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
5) If using mini loaf pans, divide the batter evenly among four pans. If using a full-size pan, spread batter in pan and smooth top of the batter.
6) Bake until loaves are golden and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes for mini pans and 60 minutes for the full-size loaf pan.
7) Let loaves cool in pans on a rack for about 10 minutes then remove from pan and continue to cool on a rack.
One Year Ago Today: Two Years Ago Today:Lime and White Chocolate Pound Cake Cherry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Three Years Ago Today: Four Years Ago Today:Lemon Garlic Chicken Kabob Hot Pepper Jelly