From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...While the recipes are my own, the beautiful yogurt parfaits we were served this weekend led me to pull them from my files to share with you. The granola can be made days in advance of using, and it can be kept up to 10 days if it is stored it in an airtight container. While the parfaits can be made hours ahead of serving, the granola will become soggy and lose some of its appeal, so I prefer to have all of the elements ready to go and assemble the parfaits just before serving. Here is how mine are made.
Greek Yogurt Parfaits...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite
2 cups Greek yogurt
4 tablespoons honey
2 cups chunky granola (see below)
2 cups fresh berries, sliced or diced
1) Select 4 tall glasses for parfaits.
2) Combine honey and yogurt together and whisk until mixed.
2) Spoon 1/4 cup yogurt into each glass.
3) Spoon 1/4 cup granola over yogurt.
4) Spoon 1/4 cup fruit over granola.
5) Repeat process.
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup raw almonds, chopped
1/2 cup raisins, chopped
1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
1/2 cup dried blueberries, chopped
1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1) Adjust oven rack to upper middle position. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking pan with parchment paper.
2) Whisk maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and oil in a very large bowl.
3) Add oats, almonds and walnuts in to liquid mixture and fold until thoroughly mixed.
4) Transfer oat mixture onto baking sheet and spread it to make an even layer. Using the back of a ramekin or a spatula, compress oat mixture until it is very compact.
5) Bake for 30-35 minutes rotating pan once halfway through baking.
6) Once baked, remove it from oven and let it cool, at least for 1 hour.
7) Break cooled granola into pieces of your desired size. Mix in chopped dried fruit and shredded coconut. Yield: 10 cups.
One Year Ago Today: Two Years Ago Today:Menu for Week of 5-11-2014 Japanese-Style Chicken Drumsticks
Three Years Ago Today: Four Years Ago Today:Pork Parmesan with Spaghetti Strawberry Sorbet