Sunday, February 5, 2012

Snickerdoodle Blondies



From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...Fortunately, I'm not responsible for all of the food that will be served at the Super Bowl party tomorrow. Better still, the party will be held in a neighbor's home, so I don't have to worry about whipping the house into shape for guest inspection. That gave me some time to walk through the menu that had been finalized by the neighbors and I realized we would be a dessert short of what would be needed to feed everyone. Rather than sound a red alert, I decided to go ahead and make one other type of cookie for the dessert tray. The menu for the party is vaguely southwestern and I had already committed to making Mexican chocolate brownies as well as a few other dishes that you can find at the end of this post. I thought the brownies would pair perfectly with a cinnamon rich blondie that I make when I am pressed for time. It has the same texture as its chocolate cousin but it has the crackly crust of a true Snickerdoodle. I don't make the blondies often because I prefer less sweet desserts, but I've been told by those who crave sugar that they are a perfect way to end a meal. The blondies take 10 minutes to make, 30 minutes to bake and I can honestly say they are one of the easiest cookies I have ever made. If you have a sweet tooth, I think you'll really enjoy these. Here's the recipe.

Snickerdoodle Blondies
...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite courtesy of Dozen Flours

Ingredients:
2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
2) Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and set aside.
3) In large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
4) Stir in flour mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan using a greased spatula.
5) Combine white sugar and cinnamon in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over top of batter.
6) Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool slightly. While still warm, cut into squares with a sharp knife. Yield: 20 to 24 squares.










Crock-Pot Pork Posole


















Mexican Skillet Cornbread















Mexican Chocolate Brownies





40 comments :

Alessandra said...

I am sure that they will very well appreciated, especially by the boys (they tend to have a sweeter tooth, I think!).
But do you think that there would be a way of making them with less sugar?

Katarina said...

These look really delicious!

Martha said...

Oh I have a sweet tooth but I'm trying to get rid of it! :) But these look like I should at least taste them! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Kavi said...

Enjoy your Superbowl party! :D I'm sure you will, with such delicious treats to seduce your taste-buds! ;)
-
Kavi (Edible Entertainment)
Ongoing Event:(Kid's Delight - Something Sweet)

Becki's Whole Life said...

Have fun at your party tonight, Mary! I love snickerdoodle blondies and yours look wonderful! I know these will be a big hit. Actually come to think of it my friend requested this recipe from me last year to make at the party we went to - and people loved them!

Eliana said...

Snickdoodles are one of my favorite cookies so these blondies look absolutely perfect to me. Thanks so much for sharing Mary.

Kim said...

I never made blondies... Just brownies because I'm a huge fan of chocolate and I don't like too sweet dessert... But these, with the ciannamon, I would try!

Sue/the view from great island said...

My youngest daughter is crazy for snickerdoodles but I rarely make them since the rest of the family are serious chocoholics. She will love these.

Otehlia said...

Oh, these look great. I was looking for an easy dessert for the Super Bowl, and these look prefect. But then again, so do the brownies! We have a Mexican theme going, too:)

June said...

Wow - what a feast! Hope you enjoy the game.

Andi said...

enjoy the game, and I just made some snickerdoodle bread which is excellent so the snickerdoodle blondie caught my attention. Will have to try..........thanks Mary andi the wednesdsybaker

LV said...

Looks absolutely fingerlickin delicious!!!!

http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

Pam said...

These sound delicious and I'm sure they won't last long at the party, if it's anything like the one we attend. Cheers!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

For a lighter snack on this game day these are perfect Mary!

hobby baker Kelly said...

I love snickerdoodles and don't make them near enough. I think when I try these out I'll add some cream of tartar to make them true doodles. They look scrumptious!

Claudia said...

I always think blondies are less sweet than their chocolate counterparts. It's definitely a fun treat for a party!

Crunchy Creamy Sweet said...

Hi Mary! New follower here:) I just recently started making blondies and love them! I have to try your snickerdoodle version - sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing!

Baking Addict said...

I definitely have a sweet tooth so I'm sure I will enjoy these! They look great :)

Patti said...

I'm not a chocolate fan, so I always prefer blondies to regular brownies. I also love snickerdoodles. Therefore, this recipe is a definite must-try. I've pinned it to my page.

Thanks so much for sharing,
Patti

Pondside said...

Mary, you must be the most popular person in your town when it comes to pot luck!

SImple and Serene Living said...

How is it that I can be sitting here perfectly stuffed from lunch and then I read your blog and find myself drooling :)

juani- la cocina de xua said...

¡¡Que rico tiene que estar!!, el chocolate me encanta pero la canela tambiĂ©n, me apunto la receta. Besos.

Kim said...

Delicious! I think these snickerdoodle blondies would be the perfect way to end almost any meal, but I do agree the cinnamon is great with tex-mex & southwestern cuisine. Have fun at the party.

Catherine said...

Dear Mary, These Snickerdoodle blondies sound like they would bring the kid out in all of us! Blessings my friend, Catherine xo

Tanna said...

I'd love to attend this super bowl party just for the food!! Sounds delicious... all of them. Have fun! blessings ~ Tanna

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

Wow - here's a case where mixing dessert metaphors looks to be wildly successful! Hope it's a fun party!

Amalia said...

I definitely have a sweet tooth so these would be perfect! They look so delicious, I love anything with a snickerdoodle flavor! I'm sure everyone will love these as well as all your other beautiful and tasty food! Hope you have a good Superbowl Sunday :)

Vicki Bensinger said...

These all look very tasty for a Super Bowl party. My husband and I will be relaxing just the two of us in front of the tv switching the channels around I'm sure. Hope you have a great time and your favorite team wins!

AllThingsYummy said...

Oh my family loves snicker doodles, I've got to make these for them.

Only Fish Recipes said...

wow...they look absolutely delicious...perfectly made :-)

Buttercup said...

I actually prefer blondies to brownies and these look so good!

Jeannie said...

That looks good! Would love to try this once my festive cookies are gone and am craving for more sweet goodies:)

Joanne said...

I've always been a sucker for the combination of cinnamon and brown sugar so these sound just perfect to me!

Unknown said...

We love snicker doodles in this house. They are one of the most perfect and simplest cookie. I think I might add some chocolate chips to these as my kids love a bite of chocolate here and there.

Apron Appeal said...

I *wish* I hadn't been responsible for all the food at yesterday's super bowl party. I missed the entire 1st half!

I really appreciated you comment on my blog this morning. After a frustrating day in the kitchen yesterday and my infrequent posting I was beginning to question what business I have doing what I'm doing. Your comment really cheered me and helped me remember, that I'm learning and nonsuccess is a often a byproduct.

Thanks.

Renee-The Hungry Monster said...

I love a snickerdoodle crunch! These look great :)

Sharon Koenig said...

Wow, These look amazing, and they're genius too! I would've never thought of a brownie equivalent of a snickerdoodle! They're definitely one of my favorite cookies, and I like them nice and soft, so it seems like these Blondies would be perfect!

Linda Burt said...

I love snickerdoodle crunch recipe! Can’t wait to try these… YUM! I’m so happy I found your blog!
http://all4payday.com

LifestyleBohemia said...

I've been looking for a fun dessert receipt to make fir my hubby on Valentine's Day - this may be it! He loves blondes, so what a cute twist!
xx
Joanna

Erika Beth, the Messy Chef said...

These look good. I hope you enjoyed the Super Bowl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Printfriendly