Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Triple-Peanut Peanut Butter Cookies




From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...If I still packed lunchboxes, or their brown bag alternative, I guarantee you'd find this confection carefully wrapped and tucked between the sandwiches and fruit of our standard box lunch fare. There are a score of recipes for this triple-peanut cookie, and, over the years, I think I've tried every single one of them. I love peanut butter cookies and I stumbled on this kid-friendly version last year. It immediately became a favorite in my kitchen. The recipe was developed by Kate Ramos and I found it the CHOW website. The cookie is less sweet than most and I love its texture and intense peanut flavor. While the cookie has crisp edges, the center remains soft and chewy and is perfect with a glass of milk. These cookies are very easy to make, but you'll have to keep an eye on them as they bake. They'll probably need more time than is suggested in the recipe. I baked mine in a conventional oven on half-sheet pans and they needed 15 to 18 minutes to set. One of these days, hopefully before my 80th birthday, I'll get real cookie sheets and be able to see what happens when cookies are baked on a thin metal surface. Till then, vigilance will remain my watchword. I know those of you who try these cookies will love them. They are easy to make and they'll disappear long before they can stale. They would be a lovely treat for the first day of school. Here's how they are made.

Triple-Peanut Peanut Butter Cookies...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite courtesy of Kate Ramos via CHOW

Ingredients:
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temperature
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup roasted, salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1 cup peanut butter chips
1 tablespoon sanding sugar, for sprinkling

Directions:
1) Adjust a rack to middle third of oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
3) Combine butter and sugars in bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla and beat on medium speed until thoroughly combined. Add flour mixture and beat on low until incorporated. Scrape down sides of the bowl. Add peanuts and peanut butter chips, and mix on low, just until incorporated.
4) Scoop dough into heaping tablespoon-sized balls and drop about 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sanding sugar and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until brown on the edges but soft in middle. Transfer to a rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough. Yield: 48 cookies.








One Year Ago Today: Savory Monkey Bread















Two Years Ago Today: Sweet Raspberry Tea

















Three Years Ago Today: Uptown Hoe Cakes with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

24 comments :

hobby baker Kelly said...

Now why have I never thought of putting peanut butter chips in my peanut butter cookies?? :D

Katarina said...

The cookies look so delicious! I could have a few with my tea right now :)

Jeff @ Cheeseburger said...

This peanut butter cookies looks very delicious. Not to mention packed with peanut butter. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

That is a WHOLE lot of Peanut packed into those cookies. Enjoy the day, Mary.

Kim said...

I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter cookies, but my Man is... I'll give these a try!

Unknown said...

You can pack me a lunch if you want!! I would LOVE to find these hiding in my brown bag :)

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Yumm, these cookies are a triple threat.

Shug said...

Triple peanut butter cookies!! SWEET!
I would say this is the perfect cookie for the kids school lunch. Perfect way to give them the boost of energy needed for the second half of the day...
Have a great week.
shug

sississima said...

are very greedy, bye SILVIA

What's Baking?? said...

I definitely will love these!

Eileen said...

You had me at Triple-Peanut. :) They look delicious. I just love peanut butter cookies. I just pinned the recipe so I'll have it come cookie-making time.

Joanne said...

TRIPLE peanut??? There's no doubt in my mind that I need these in my life.

Sutapa said...

crispy yummy cookies ..love to try it!

Cindy said...

You got me on the triple PB part. Love PB cookies. Can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Mary these look so yummy! I love how you take the time to give us such valuable info and lots of background about your recipes! Knowing these cookies are not the sweetest in the cookie jar and that they are crisp on the outside edges (a real plus in my book!)helps me to "see" the cookie better! Always a treat to stop by!

Daniela said...

Love these cookies, bellie very inviting. Daniela a hug.

Tricia @ saving room for dessert said...

I love that they are less-sweet. Most peanut butter cookies are too sweet - so more peanut taste is for me! Good luck on finding the right baking pan. Mine are all so different sometimes it's hard to decide. More often than not, my stoneware is a favorite for even baking, no burning and stick-free removal.

We Are Not Martha said...

I Love peanut butter cookies, so triple peanut butter sounds like 3 times the fun!

Sues

Salsa Verde said...

I love peanut butter and these cookies looks so delicious!
Cheers,
Lia.

Dining Alone said...

I love peanut butter chips, but if I bought them the odds of them making it into a cookie are slim :) Those look delicious.

RATOLINHA said...

Que cookies maravilhosos esses...
Ficaram lindos e com um aspecto delicioso.
beijos

David said...

Mary, Just beautiful looking peanut butter cookies! Flavor on top of flavor. Thanks for the recipe! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Blond Duck said...

This may be the perfect peanut butter cookie.

teresa said...

this is awesome! i love the pb chips!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Printfriendly