Tuscan-Style White Bean Gratin...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite inspired by America's Test Kitchen
3 (14.5-oz.) cans of cannellini beans
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion, finely minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
1 (10.5-oz.) can condensed chicken broth, undiluted
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1) Move an oven rack to 6-inches below broiler element. Preheat broiler.
2) Rinse and drain beans. Place 1 cup of beans in a bowl and and mash until smooth with a fork or the back of a large spoon.
3) Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet until it shimmers. Add onion and cook over medium-high heat until soft and lightly browned, about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and rosemary and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds longer.
4) Stir in broth and bring to a simmer. Add mashed beans and stir until smooth. Add whole beans and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Sprinkle top of beans with Parmesan cheese.
5) Place pan under broiler element and broil until cheese bubbles and browns. Let cool slightly before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
If you have enjoyed your visit here, I hope you'll take a minute to...
One Year Ago Today: Fresh Peach and Cherry Galette
Two Years Ago Today: Corn Salad with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese
Three Years Ago Today: Asian-Style Chicken and Water Chestnut Rissoles
Four Years Ago Today: Grilled Tomato Sandwich with Blue Cheese Spread