Sunday, May 4, 2014

Cinco de Mayo Round-Up


Cinco de Mayo and St. Patrick's Day have one thing in common. While both are celebrated in the United States, they are not major holidays in their countries of origin. Cinco de Mayo is a holiday that commemorates the battle of Puebla, a fight in which Mexican troops were victorious over French forces, and that's really important — if you live in Puebla or love an excuse for a party. I'm a party girl, so tomorrow this Irish lass will be setting a colorful table and serving Mexican inspired food to commemorate the day. I hope this round-up of Mexican inspired recipes will give like-minded souls some ideas for their own fiestas.



                 Mexican Crema                                                         Orange Glazed Fiesta Chicken



             Chicken Mole Poblano                                                 Camarones a la Mexicana



          Black Bean Burritos                                                                    Mexicali Pizza


          Chicken Enchiladas Verde                                                            Tortilla Soup


              Albondigas - Pork Meatballs                                                      Poblano Chicken


                   Crock-Pot Pork Posole                                                  Shrimp Enchiladas Verde

Follow Me on Pinterest                    

6 comments :

Lynn said...

Oh, I'll have a black bean burrito please! Happy Cinco de Mayo Mary-enjoy:@)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous round up -
Mary

Sprigs of Rosemary said...

I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't even hear of Cinco de Mayo until I was well into my twenties . . . when I learned it was a great excuse for a party, a party with great food. Beergarita, anyone?

Big Dude said...

They all look great Mary and now I'm hungry for Mexican food and off to look at some of your recipes.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Now see? I missed this great Mexican dishes in my 5 de Mayo Fiesta, lol! Thanks for sharing.
Have a great week ahead!
FABBY

Ginny Hartzler said...

I was interested in your Crema, it looks like a wonderful sauce to keep on hand. I have never heard of anything made this way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Printfriendly