Edamame Burgers with Siracha
Hello readers, Rachel from PF Chang’s here with a new take on burgers. As a young adult working in Chicago, I find myself with less and less time to cook dinner every night. Finding that one perfect bite on a time crunch can be a challenge. In my spare time I enjoy trying new recipes that are simple to follow, easy to make and most importantly full of flavor. One of my favorite recipes to spice up the week is edamame burgers with Siracha mayo!
These Asian inspired edamame burgers with Siracha mayo are the perfect weekday pick-me-up, you will be surprised with how much flavor is infused in these vegetarian patties! Garnishing these burgers with Siracha mayo is the perfect pairing to kick up the heat while complimenting the savory and nutty flavors from the edamame.
All ingredients can be found at your local grocery store. Recipe makes 4 patties.
- 2 cups of shelled edamame, preferably frozen
- 1 bag of frozen Steamed Brown Rice by P.F. Chang’s (16-oz pkg.)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup of 100% Liquid Egg Whites by Egg Beaters
- 1 tablespoon of Siracha
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, I prefer light mayonnaise
- Sandwich rolls of your choice
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt for taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic, garlic powder works best
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
Craft the perfect week night meal by following these easy directions below. You’re so close to that one perfect bite.
1. In a medium microwave-safe bowl combine your edamame and PF Chang’s Steamed Brown Rice. Place in microwave for 4 minutes.
2. Stir edamame and steamed rice mixture. Place mixture into a food processor and add ginger, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Pulse mixture until you notice ingredients finely chopped.
3. Add Egg Beaters to mixture and pulse mixture until all ingredients come together. Start shaping 4 equally sized patties all roughly 1/2 inch thick.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Canola oil and then place patties on skillet (recommend cooking 2 patties at a time). Cook patties for 4-5 minutes on each side then remove from skillet.
5. Stir your Siracha and mayonnaise together. Top patties with your Siracha mayo and place patties on the sandwich roll of your choice.
6. Lastly, ENJOY!
Quick, easy and flavorful! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Week nights just got a little more interesting. For more week night meal ideas explore some of my favorite Asian appetizers featured by PF Chang’s!
One Year Ago Today: Two Years Ago Today:Game Day Chili Mac Menu for Week of February 2, 2014
Three Years Ago Today: Four Years Ago Today:Lentil and Vegetable Stew Oven Baked Parmesan Steak Fries