Monday, August 26, 2013

Skillet Chicken with Pasta, Spinach and Garlic Oil


From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...I've been trying to test a series of skillet suppers for quick and easy weeknight meals. It has been slow going because I've overbooked my calendar, but I am slogging my way through the pile of recipes with the intent of of sharing the best of them with you. Hopefully, that will be before school starts. Tonight's recipe is one of a series that I found in a BuzzFeed article that featured stovetop chicken dishes. The recipe is a keeper and I think all but the youngest members of your family will enjoy it. Feel free to substitute thigh meat for the breast meat specified in the recipe and use any type of pasta that you enjoy. I hope you will give this recipe a try. You can have this dish on the table in 30 minutes and it makes a lovely supper. Here is the recipe. 

Skillet Chicken with Pasta, Spinach and Garlic Oil...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite courtesy of BuzzFeed

Ingredients:
6 tablespoons olίve oίl
6 cloves garlίc, mίnced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 chίcken breasts, cubed
Salt and pepper
12-oz. farfalle
5-oz fresh baby spίnach
1 tablespoon drίed basίl, or 1/2 cup fresh
6 tablespoons fresh lemon juίce
1 cup parmesan cheese

Directions:
1) Heat olίve oίl, garlίc, and red pepper ίn a small glass bowl ίn the mίcrowave for about 1 mίnute to blend flavors.
2) Pour about 1 tablespoon of infused oίl ίnto a skίllet. Salt and pepper chίcken and cook ίn oίl over medίum hίgh heat tίll browned and juίces run clear.
3) Cook pasta ίn salted water. Drain  well. Return pasta to pan. Add cooked chίcken and all remaίnίng ίngredίents to pasta. Stίr ίn remainder of infused olίve oίl. Toss lίghtly tίll all ίngredίents are well combίned. Serve ίmmedίately. Yield: 4 to 6 servings.

If you have enjoyed your visit here, I hope you'll take a minute to...

Follow Me on Pinterest      







One Year Ago Today: Apple Raisin Bars













Two Years Ago Today: Rice and Asparagus Soup
















Three Years Ago Today: Rice Squares with Poblano Peppers and Jack Cheese


















Four Years Ago Today: Ginger Tea and the Yangtze

14 comments :

decocinasytacones said...

One of my favourite ways to eat pasta. With garlic....simple....olive oil...hmmm, delish.
Love and HAVE A GREAT MONDAY!!!
Marialuisa

Priya Suresh said...

Love to finish that whole plate rite now,irresistible pasta.

Tanna said...

Quick skillet suppers are high on my list for the dog days of summer in Texas! Fast, tasty, satisfying and little heat in the kitchen. Couldn't ask for more. blessings ~ tanna

Kim said...

So happy that you are sharing skillet recipes with us. These are perfect for busy weeknights!

Unknown said...

I love dishes like this. Simple ingredients, simple preparation, lots flavor!! YUM!

David said...

Mary, This is a perfect meal for my wife and I... Simple with lots of flavor and we both love pasta and chicken. Thanks for the recipe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Jasline @ Foodie Baker said...

The pasta looks amazing and delicious!

Tricia Buice said...

I love a recipe that includes everything in my fridge. Thanks for this one - it looks wonderful!

Ginny Hartzler said...

This looks so easy and good. I have just printed it and hope to make it soon.

Barbara F. said...

Mary, this looks so delicious, I have everything but the spinach, I will remedy that tomorrow and make this dish! xo

Big Dude said...

Can't go wrong with those ingredients and the spinach brings a nice color to it.

Kathy said...

I can eat pasta any day of the week…this looks irresistible!

Nammi said...

yumm, simple with delicious flavours

Cindy said...

I'm making this tonight--my basil plant is huge! Thanks Mary for another great, quick recipe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Printfriendly