Friday, October 10, 2014

Rue Tatin Sweet Crescent Rolls - Away A While Recipe Favorites



From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...Every year at this time, I renew my search for the perfect cinnamon roll. I've been looking for decades now and still come up short. I've finally decided that the only way I'll ever find my golden fleece, is to rob elements of existing recipes, and combine them in such a fashion that they can be called my own. Tonight's post is not about cinnamon rolls, it is, rather, about an outstanding sweet dough that I think will work very nicely as a base for them. I know most of you have read the charming memoir, On Rue Tatin, written by Susan Loomis. Tucked between its covers is a lovely recipe called Les Pains De Rapprochement or The Rolls That Brought us Together. That dough is the one I'll be using next week when I'll unveil the world's ultimate cinnamon roll. They are really good and I think you forgive my modest brag once you taste them. Anyway, I tested Susan's recipe exactly as it was written before forging the path that leads to those very special buns. The Silver Fox loved the shape and color of the original rolls, and it is at his urging that I'm sharing Susan's recipe for crescent rolls with you. These are really easy to make, especially if you have a large stand mixer to do the work for you. The dough requires a bit of kneading, but it is so velvety that you'll find it a pleasure to work with. The rolls are meant to be served warm from the oven, but, in a pinch, they can be reheated in a microwave. There are no tricks here. Follow the recipe and you have gorgeous crescent rolls to serve your family and friends. I hope you'll come back next week when we feature them with all the bells and whistles added. The original recipe can be found here.

Follow Me on Pinterest                    

                                                    Older Posts


                   One Year Ago Today:                                                            Two Years Ago Today:
                        Dream Jumbles                                                 Rigatoni with Creamy Tomato Sauce


               Three Years Ago Today:                                                       Four Years Ago Today: 
       Cranberry and Almond Coffee Cake                                          Baked Stuff Tomatoes

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Printfriendly