Saturday, October 11, 2014

Celery and Potato Soup - Away A While Recipe Favorites



From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...While this soup is very inexpensive to make, it is less substantial than most of the dishes that have been featured on Frugal Foodie Friday. I decided to share it with you because I know there are times when even those on restricted food budgets want something special to start a holiday meal. I thought this soup would be lovely to serve as a first course on Valentine's Day or Easter Sunday and I wanted to post it so those of you who are interested have ample time to do a trial run. The soup was developed by Martha Rose Shulman for The New York Times, and the first time I skimmed through her recipe, I knew it was a keeper. I was not, however, prepared for how delicious the soup would actually be. It is a winner on many levels. The soup is a light celery puree that is thickened with a single potato, and while the combination may sound mundane, I think you'll find it works wonderfully well and will get your meal off to a festive start. If leeks and the walnut oil are not available don't stress. Replace the leeks with another small onion and bypass the use of walnut oil altogether. How do you rate a recipe that is inexpensive to make, easy to prepare and a delight to the palate? I guess that depends on the reviewer, but I can tell you this soup made my socks go up and down and its been a while since that happened. I do hope you will try this soup. It is really good stuff. The recipe for this treasure can be found here.

Follow Me on Pinterest                    

                                                    Older Posts


                   One Year Ago Today:                                                                  Two Years Ago Today:
                     Baked Pizza Pasta                                                                 Orange Spiced Cashews


               Three Years Ago Today:                                                       Four Years Ago Today: 
                         Honey Muffins                                                                    Candied Walnuts

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Printfriendly