Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Refried Bean Dip


From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...Each year, I make it a point to share a new recipe  for Super Bowl Sunday. This year I'm featuring an effortless dip that some call Mexican hummus. I suspect that name upsets those who live south of the border nearly as much as it disturbs those living in the Mediterranean. I've decided to be diplomatic and call my creation a bean dip. While I primarily use it as a dip for tortilla chips, I've found it also makes a wonderfully flavorful base for sandwich wraps. This is a true pantry creation and the only effort expended in its preparation is the opening of jars and cans. If you have five minutes and a can opener, you can make a quick snack that is great for movie night or game day viewing. I use a teaspoon of smoked paprika when I make this, and Siracha is my hot sauce of choice because I like the vinegarless heat it provides. I hope you'll give this dip a try. Here is how it's made.



Refried Bean Dip and Sandwich Spread...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite

Ingredients:
1 (16-oz.) can refried beans
1/3 cup lime juice
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 to 1 teaspoon cumin or smoked paprika
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)

Instructions:
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and puree to a smooth consistency, about 2 min. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Yield: 2 cups.

Follow Me on Pinterest                    

                                     Older Posts


             One Year Ago Today:                                                                 Two Years Ago Today:
                     Tuna Pate                                                                        Meatless Monday Favorites


                 Three Years Ago Today:                                                     Four Years Ago Today: 
                      Platinum Blondies                                                           Roasted Stuffed Tomatoes

3 comments :

David said...

Mary, Looks really good to me...and simple to make too! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave













Tracy's Living Cookbook said...

The peanut butter seems like a strange addition! I can't imagine the taste!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Tracy, hummus is made with beans and tahini. This is not so very different.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Printfriendly